What to Expect at a Veterinary Appointment
If you know what to expect from your pet's first appointment with us, it will make the process easier for both of you.
We encourage all of our clients to arrive about 10 minutes early to their appointments in order to fill out our New Patient Form. In order to save yourself some time, you can also complete the New Patient Form online in advance.
Meet Your Veterinarian
A member of our veterinary team will review your pet's medical history and discuss any issues they may be experiencing with you. You will also be able to ask any questions you want, and we will be sure the dedicate time to answering them.
Examination, Diagnosis & Treatment
After we have assessed you pet's health, we will provide you with a diagnosis and treatment options, if required. Your vet will work with you to determine the right treatment plan for your pet. We will create a detailed report of our diagnosis, any discussion we had with you and your pet's treatment plan.
Our Pet Care Philosophy
At Veterinary Wellness Clinic Of Columbia (Animal Emergency Clinic of Maury County), we have been proud to serve pets and pet owners in Maury County and Middle Tennessee since 2003.
We are dedicated to providing your pet with high quality, compassionate and experienced veterinary care, from preventative services, internal medicine, and surgical services to after-hours emergency care at an affordable price.
Learn more about our office policies, payment options, and appointment booking by reading through our hospital FAQs.
- What types of payment options are available?
We expect payment in full at the time services have been provided or when we discharge your pet. We accept payment in cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
- Are there payment plans available for my pet’s care?
We are proud to offer CareCredit as a financing option. They offer an easy application process that will give you results in minutes.
- Will I be provided with an estimate of costs?
We will be sure to provide you with a good-faith estimate of the cost of our services before treating your pet. However, unforeseen circumstances or complications may arise which can impact your bill.
We will always discuss our written estimates with you before you leave our facility and, we will require a deposit based on the amount in our estimate before providing any further treatment.
- Should I call ahead to book an appointment?
- What is your appointment cancellation policy?
If you have to reschedule or cancel your appointment, let us know as soon as possible so we can offer you a space to reschedule and fill the gap the cancellation has created.
- What types of animals do you treat?
We take care of all small domestic pets such as cats and dogs.
- Where can I purchase my pet's prescription and food?
You can purchase all the medications and specialty food your pet needs either via our online store or our in-house pharmacy.
- What are the fees associated with an emergency visit?
We require a deposit payment for all emergency exams. After our vets and staff have examined your pet, an estimate for their treatment will be issued to you and we will determine a treatment plan.
If further hospitalization is required, we will require a deposit upfront and payment in full when your pet is discharged from our care.
- Can you help with my pet insurance?
We’re happy to help you fill out pet insurance forms for your pet’s visit.
- Do you have any special offers for vaccinations?
While you can individually select the vaccinations you would like to have your dog receive, Veterinary Wellness Clinic Of Columbia offers other options for our clients.
Our vets offer vaccination packages to dog owners to help manage your dog's routine vaccinations and save money.
- 1 Year Rabies Package: Physical Exam, 1 year Rabies, Distemper and Parvo Vaccinations, a fecal exam, a blood panel and a Heartworm test
- 3 Year Rabies Package: Physical Exam, 3 year Rabies, Distemper and Parvo vaccinations, a fecal exam, a blood panel and a Heartworm test
- Vaccine Packages with Injection: A physical exam, 1 year rabies, distemper and parvo vaccinations, a blood panel, a heartworm test, a fecal exam and a 6 month Injection
- Can you help me choose a good food for my pet?
Absolutely. Your pet's nutrition is key to their overall health and wellbeing and our vets are here to help you find the diet which will meet your companion's unique needs.
For diets targeted at weight management, dental health, kidney disease, joint pain and more, ask our team about our nutritional consulting services at your pet's next routine checkup.
- Do you offer services to help with unwanted behaviors?
Yes! Our team offers advice and guidance to pet owners and training to their companions to help correct and put a stop to problematic pet behaviors.
Ask about our behavior training services at your pet's next routine checkup.
Pet Owner Resources
Here are some helpful links for your pet's health.